You have gotten your system all set up and you can't wait to start reaching out to your contacts! Hatchbuck gives you two options for building custom emails from scratch.
- You can use the text editor to create great Text-Based emails
- You can use the Drag & Drop Builder to add images and create newsletter style templates
Basic Text Editor:
To start building your template, go to Tools > Email Templates
In the upper right hand corner select + New Email Template
In the left sidebar, select Start from Scratch and then the Basic Editor - Blank template
- Enter your subject line and body text
- Once your subject and body copy is how you would like it, click Continue
Confirm & Save
To start building your template, go to Tools > Email Templates.
In the upper right hand corner select + New Email Template.
In the left sidebar, select Start from Scratch and then the Drag & Drop Email Builder - Blank template
You will use the Sections, Blocks and Styles tabs in the left sidebar to fully customize your email.
- The Sections tab allows you to design your own baseline layout.
Once you add the sections to your template, your design will look something like this:
- With the Blocks tab you can add text, images, buttons, social media icons, dividers and spacers to your layout.
The Styles tab allows you to design the overall style for your email (background color, font/color for all sections at once, font/size/color for each style of text, link and button style, divider and spacer style).
- You would use this to set a design style that will be reflected in your whole email template instead of having to define it for each element one at a time.
- Once your email is designed how you would like it, click Continue
Next, you are able to add Automated Actions to your links
Confirm & Save