--If you prefer videos, you can find one on Tag Rules here.
Automating your process saves you time and allows you to focus on other aspects of your growing business.
One of our favorite automation features is the Tag Rule function. It is designed to trigger an automation or a series of automations, based on a tag reaching a specific score.
How it works:
- Set up your tags so that they are automatically created when contacts select a field on an Online Form, visit a certain webpage, or click a particular link in an email (see this article about setting up your tags).
- Navigate to Tools > Rules > + New Tag Score Rule
- Name your Tag Rule and enter the Tag that will be used in this rule
- Choose a Tag Score you would like contacts to reach before initiating your Automations and click continue (Best practice: Start lower than you think. Unless you have much higher traffic than the average business, try something between 2 and 5)
- Click Continue, and on the next screen add as many automations necessary
- These automations will happen immediately when the Contact meets the tag score you've defined
Some common ways people use Tag Rules are to:
- Send the Sales Rep a Notification via Email to follow up with the contact
- Create a Task within Hatchbuck for the Sales Rep to follow up with the contact
- Start a Campaign based around that tag segment
- Send an email with a promotion specific to that tag segment
- Update the Contact Record to the next stage (ex: lead to prospect)
Using Tag Rules, you can atomically send the right information to the right people at the right time and add a personal touch to any highly engaged leads.