Head to Tools > Webpage tracking
- Click "tracking code"
- You will then see your unique tracking script to place before the last <body> tag either on each page you want tracked or in a constant area of your site- like the footer or header in most Wordpress sites. Here you will also be able to copy that code to your clipboard and view step by step instructions.
This is where all your content in the body of your page will be
INSERT WEBPAGE TRACKING CODE HERE
[If you have the constant footer or header and put the code there, as people navigate through your website, those pages will automatically pull into Hatchbuck.]
- Add yourself as a user in the database, become a Tracked Contact* (by either filling out a form, or clicking a link from a Hatchbuck email) then navigate through every page in your site to pull them in all at once.
- Next, add a title and automations to each page that has been pulled in to Hatchbuck. Best practice: Think about your segments and add tags to your webpages that reflect those segments (ex: add a Red Wine tag to your webpage dedicated to Red Wine). That way visitors to the site will rack up that Tag and auto-segment themselves into Red Wine lovers!
These are great articles on Tagging and Tag Rules.
*IMPORTANT: Tracked Contacts
Hatchbuck drops cookies on individual web browsers in order to track their visits to your webpage. Because of this, we ONLY track 2 types of people:
- People who click on links within your emails
- People who fill out your online form