Here is a step by step guide on how to add Webpage Tracking into your WordPress site:
- Make sure you successfully logged in to your admin panel.
- Go to your Hatchbuck account and navigate to Tools>Webpage Tracking.
- Click the button for "tracking code" and select “Copy link to Clipboard”
- When at your WordPress admin panel, go to the left sidebar, click Appearance>Editor. You'll end up on this screen:
- From the list on the right side, find the item called ‘Footer’ and click into it.
- Now the text in the text editor should change. Search in this text for the "</body>" code and paste the tracking code text right above this and press the Update File button when finished.
Bringing all of your pages into Hatchbuck:
Since your code will be in a constant area (footer), add yourself as a user in the database, and become a Tracked Contact (fill out a Hatchbuck form or send yourself an email from Hatchbuck and click a link). Then, navigate through every page in your site to pull them in all at once
Want to learn about adding automations to webpage tracking? Check out this article
Important note: We ONLY track people who have had a cookie dropped via a form submission or link click from a Hatchbuck email.