--If you prefer a video tutorial, you can find one on Tag Rules here.
Automating your processes to save you time and allow you to focus on the more important aspects of growing your business - meeting with customers, developing your products, celebrating your wins - is what Hatchbuck is all about.
One of our favorite automation features is the Tag Rule function. It is designed to automate an action or series of actions, based on a tag reaching a certain score.
Here's how it works:
- Set up your tags so that they automatically rack up points on contacts when they do certain actions such as selecting a field on an Online Form, visiting a certain webpage, or clicking a particular link in an email (see this article about setting up your tags).
- Navigate to Tools > Rules > + New Tag Rule
- Name your Tag Rule
- Select the Tag you would like to automate
- Your screen should look like this:
- Then choose a Tag Score you would like them to reach before initiating your Actions.
- Best practice: start lower than you think. Unless you have much higher traffic than the average business, try something between 2 and 5.
- Now it's time to decide what you want to do. Add as many automated actions as you wish.
- Note: these actions will trigger immediately when the contact meets the parameters you defined.
The most common ways people use Tag Rules are to:
- Send the Sales Rep a Notification (email) to follow up with the contact
- Create a Task within Hatchbuck for the Sales Rep to follow up with the contact
- Start a Campaign based around that tag segment
- Send an email with a promotion specific to that tag segment
- Update the Contact Record to a warmer stage (ex: automatically moving the contact from a lead to a prospect in your contact statuses)
Here's an example:
As a Gym owner, I have set up my system to give contacts a Nutrition Interest tag when:
- They visit the Nutrition page on my website
- Click a link to an article about Nutrition Tips
- Indicate they are interested in Nutrition in my "Tag Comb" drop-down on my Online Form
I set up my Nutrition Interest Tag Rule to look like this:
- I have created a task for my salesperson to call them personally
- I have started them on my Prospect General Nurture Campaign
- I have Updated their Contact Status to Prospect to reflect their engagement level
Using Tag Rules, I can AUTOMATICALLY send the right information to the right people at the right time, and add a personal touch to my highly engaged leads.