IMPORTANT: Hatchbuck will be able to track the activity of Contacts and will drop cookies on individual web browsers when someone has:
- Filled out a Hatchbuck Form
- Clicked a link from a Hatchbuck email
Follow these steps and start tracking and monitoring your contacts' activity on your website.
To access your Tracking Code:
- Navigate to Tools > Webpage Tracking
- Click "TRACKING CODE"
You will then be given a code to place before the last <body> tag on your webpages.
You can copy to clipboard to be pasted on your website
Adding the code to your site will look something like this:
This is where all your content in the body of your page will be
INSERT WEBPAGE TRACKING CODE HERE
*Tip: If you have a universal header or footer like WordPress offers, put your code there.
Bringing your Webpages into Hatchbuck
If your code is in the header or footer:
- Add yourself as a user in the database, and become a Tracked Contact (fill out a Hatchbuck form or send yourself an email from Hatchbuck and click a link). Then, navigate through every page in your site to pull them in all at once
- Click on the + Track Webpage button at the top right corner
- Name your page (ex: Home page, Pricing Page
- Copy/paste the page URL
- Foldering is a great option if you have many URL's or will be tracking multiple websites
- Lock out others (if needed) from making edits
- Choose which Automations you would like to automatically trigger once a Tracked Contact visits that page
- Best practice: Think about your segments and add tags to your webpages that reflect those segments (ex: add a service interest tag to your webpage dedicated to that particular service). That way visitors to the site will rack up that Tag and auto-segment themselves!
- Once you add your automation(s) you can specify if you'd like them to be triggered based on every visit or just the first time that contact visits that particular page
- Once you have applied your automations, click "Finish"