Zapier is an amazing solution that allows you to connect and integrate the web apps you currently use, taking advantage of already-programmed API connections.
To retrieve your Hatchbuck API key head to: Account Settings > Data > API.
Once here, click Generate New API Key
Setting up your Zap:
Choosing the Trigger
*Note: Remember that you can only push data into Hatchbuck, and therefore it can only be on the “Actions” side of your Zap.
- Click "Make a Zap" within Zapier and choose which application will be on the Trigger side (OR select "Use this Zap" from our integrations page)
- Decide on the Trigger, what needs to happen to start a series of Automations within Hatchbuck? (the available triggers will vary depending on the Application you are connecting)
- Connect your Account. You can either connect a new Account or choose from an existing one.
- Test your Zap. Make sure everything in connected properly.
Setting up the Action
- Select "Hatchbuck" from the integration list.
Choose the Action, or, what will be triggered in Hatchbuck. Your Available Actions are:
- Create/Update Contact - this will create a new contact in Hatchbuck or updating an existing contact
Add a Tag - this action will create a contact (if one doesn’t already exist in Hatchbuck) and add a tag to their record. Remember: With Tag Rules, you have access to all theautomation functionality within Hatchbuck by using this action
- Connect your Account. When connecting, you will see this prompt, enter your API key that you grabbed at the beginning
Setup your template: this is where you will identify which fields will be passed into Hatchbuck.
Here are some guidelines for mapping your Hatchbuck actions:
- Always make sure to select an email address and type and choose a Contact Status for every action you create. These fields are required.
- You can use the zap to create a new tag OR copy one from your database
Note that any contact added, updated, or tagged through Zapier will be assigned to the sales rep whose API key was used
Here are some screenshots of action set ups:
Zaps to Try:
Check out the Hatchbuck Zap book, take a look at their list of available apps, or head to the Integrations section of Hatchbuck (Account Settings > Integrations) for some pre-built Zaps you can quickly use!